Here are some of the main technical points offered by the Texas Tornado Boot Camp, which you get to apply with great repetition at the school with tons of seat time.
1. Eyes up! Look where you want to go.
2. Smoooooth inputs are key: slow on the gas, gentle-onset braking.
3. Blend brakes and throttle to minimize the time from off-brakes to on-throttle... which leads to finding neutral throttle. Advanced technique: Crack the gas open before you're all the way off the brakes.
7. Compress the fork with the brakes and your weight to steepen rake and make the bike want to turn. In the dirt, use both brakes in every corner.
8. Push the bike down while keeping your spine perpendicular and shoulders parallel to ground; again, we're sitting on top of the leaned-over bike. (Body position in the dirt is the only thing that doesn't transfer to roadracing.)