- Variable valve timing, as with BMW's ShiftCam, to meet tightening emissions standards
- Seamless-shift or DCT transmission
- Gasoline direct injection (into the combustion chamber, not the intake)
- Motor-adjusted ride height
- Digital damping control
- A reverse-rotating engine, which was pioneered by Yamaha on the YZR-M1 but so far for sale only from Ducati in its V4
- Radical fairing winglets
- And finally, adopting MotoGP's hallowed bore and stroke of 81.0 x 48.5mm. Or maybe two engine sizes, one at the 1,000cc limit for World Superbike homologation, and one enough bigger to make class-topping horsepower easier to make and manage.