A standard or naked motorcycle is one combining an upright riding position, handlebar and footpegs positioned for comfort, and usually but not always without fairing or windscreen.
Standard / Naked
Choosing a Triumph is already a bit of an alternative choice, and now there’s an alternative to the alternative for two of the company’s coolest bikes: The Speed Triple and Bonneville will be offered in Special Edition versions for 2013. Bonneville SE Visual enhancements to the Bonneville include a red frame and fenders, with a [...]
Single-cylinder Dukes have been KTM’s number-one selling naked worldwide for years, but they have been absent from the U.S. lineup since 2010. No more. For 2013, the 690 Duke returns with a host of upgrades aimed to keep the Single at the top of Mattighofen’s standard-bike throne. A redesigned cylinder head has dual-spark ignition (firing [...]
Got the café itch? Royal Enfield is ready to scratch with the 2014 Café Racer. “Nothing about the bike is the same,” said Ron Greene, VP of sales and dealer development at Royal Enfield USA about the CR’s relationship to the rest of the 500cc line. The standard 84 x 90mm Single has been bored [...]
Wunderlich “MadUSA” Custom BMW S1000RR – Riding Impression The German accessory-maker builds the naked bike we all want.
Hello, BMW? Is this thing on? Um, you’ve completely changed your ways in recent years. Your turnsignal switch is normal, you built a class-dominating inline-Four that actually runs across the frame like on other sportbikes, and you killed it with the K1600 tourers. And yet, here we sit, staring at this naked S1000RR and wondering [...]
What is “MadUSA” and how about this Wunderlich thing? Deciphering Algemeine Betriebs Erlaubnis and the strange name of this mad machine.
Okay, we’ll dive right into this naked BMW’s MadUSA name. You may remember “Mad Max,” the knobby-tired S1000RR special built by Wunderlich in Germany (pictured above). Our testbike kept the “Mad” of that bike and added “USA,” since this streetable machine was built to ride stateside. “We think the bike is a beauty like in [...]
- Triumph Bonneville – Best Used Bikes A faithful replication of the beloved Bonnies of the 1970s.
- Staff Stuff: 1974 Norton 850 Commando Editor Hoyer’s classic British daily rider.
- Spied in the U.S.: 2012 Yamaha SR400 Manufacturer plate on a Japanese-market SR400 Single in Southern California.
- 2013 KTM 390 Duke – First Look A little roadster with big performance.
- Brammo Empulse R A motorcycle that just happens to be electric.
- EICMA 2012 – Wrenchmonkees Monkeefist No, it’s not a big knot tied to the end of a heaving line, it’s an XJR1300 commissioned by Yamaha.
- MV Agusta Rivale 800 – First Look A teaser look at the third member of the MV Agusta Three family.
- 2013 Honda CB1100 – First Ride A blast from the past, except a whole lot better—and it’s finally coming to the U.S.!
- 2013 Honda CB500F – First Look Big Red’s budget naked 500cc Twin.
- 2013 Triumph Street Triple R – First Ride How does Triumph overhaul its best-selling bike? Very carefully...