A sportbike is a motorcycle optimized to achieve responsive, athletic levels of acceleration, braking, and cornering, often but not always involving the presence of a particularly high-performance engine. Riding position is inclined forward, hands on low or clip-on handlebars. The most popular sportbike manufactures are Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki and Ducati.
SPORTBIKE MOTORCYCLES Sportbike reviews, comparisons and tests.
Featured Sportbike Articles
Our long-term Ninja continues to accumulate track miles while in the care of Yamaha Champions Riding School instructor Ken Hill. After optimizing the stock chassis for track use in our previous update, Hill has since focused on budget-conscious engine and chassis upgrades working within a self-imposed $1500 limit. To meet EPA noise compliance, Kawasaki strangles [...]
2014 Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa 50th Anniversary Edition – First Look Two-tone paint differentiates anniversary model from standard ’Busa.
Suzuki unveiled a second limited-edition big-bore sportbike last week at the inaugural American International Motorcycle Expo in Orlando, Florida. The GSX1300R Hayabusa 50th Anniversary Edition joins the previously announced GSX-R1000 Special Edition in Suzuki’s 2014 model lineup. Intended as further celebration of Suzuki’s five decades in the U.S. market, the anniversary Hayabusa is only available [...]
Dark skies and rain-soaked roads awaited my arrival in Bologna, Italy, for the international press launch of Ducati’s new-for-2014 899 Panigale. A natural successor to the 848 EVO sportbike, the mid-displacement 898cc V-twin faithfully delivers the cutting-edge styling and technology of its 1199 superbike sibling to a broader audience. Ducati market research has distilled the [...]
Volterra, Italy—In early November at the annual EICMA show in Milan, Energica will reveal the latest iteration of its electric sportbike, the Ego. With that all-important event just weeks away, company employees were understandably anxious as they watched one journalist after another throw a leg over the sole running prototype and ride out of Volterra’s [...]
The 1199 Panigale debut of two years ago was a revolution in the superbike class, but one limited by price. The real question is, how do you bring the revolution to the largest number of potential owners? Today Ducati revealed an 899 Panigale that expresses CEO Claudio Domenicali’s underlying aim—to produce the affordable exotic. At [...]
More Sportbike Articles
- Real-world sportbike gets TC, power modes and accessory saddlebags.">2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS – First Look Real-world sportbike gets TC, power modes and accessory saddlebags.
- KTM builds the ultimate Adventure R.">2014 Yamaha Sportbikes – First Look KTM builds the ultimate Adventure R.
- Suzuki will build only 100 of these factory-customized Open-class GSX-Rs, and 50 of them are coming to the U.S.">2014 Suzuki GSX-R1000 Special Edition – First Look (Video) Suzuki will build only 100 of these factory-customized Open-class GSX-Rs, and 50 of them are coming to the U.S.
- Best Superbike: BMW HP4
- Best Open-Class Streetbike: Kawasaki ZX-14R
- Anti-lock brakes and more for one of our favorite hooligan bikes.">2014 Aprilia Tuono V4 R ABS – First Look Anti-lock brakes and more for one of our favorite hooligan bikes.
- Treasure of the Sierra Madre: Performance Per Dollar Sportbike Comparison
- MV Agusta F4 – Performance Per Dollar Sportbike Comparison Test
- Honda CBR600RR C-ABS – Performance Per Dollar Sportbike Comparison Test
- Honda CBR1000RR – Performance Per Dollar Sportbike Comparison Test