Motorcycle Ratings and Reviews
Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6Next
6. Here, the first half of the crankcase is secured on the jig. First insertion involves the desmo drum of the gear selector.
7. Then come the primary and secondary shafts, and the related clusters of gears.
8. To protect vital components such as crankshaft, rods, pistons and sleeves, the pre-assembled unit is secured to an aluminum jig with Teflon holders.
9. The Teflon protector has been removed from the lower half of the crankshaft, and the related main journal (properly lubricated) is inserted in its bearing.
10. The top half of the safety jig has also been removed. Here we are looking at the top end of a 112mm/4.41in. piston.
At least Ducati are still manufacturing where they should be: Italy. Respect that.
wow that was cool Bruno. If a Panigale happens to take a dump here, i will have no qualms at all lighting right into it with all the tools in the massive CW shop arsenal…
Happy gearhead. Send more of same.
a arte da mecânica italiana !!!
Hot off the motorcycle press. If it’s moto-news, Cycle World will keep you up-to-date.